For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hysteria? And what are its causes?
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* Have poor genetics.
Work can lead to herniated vertebrae. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People without bad habits, who play sports and lead a healthy lifestyle, rarely consult a neurologist with such problems.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Numbness of soft tissues on the outer surface of the thigh, shin and big toe with a tingling sensation and tingling.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Symptoms of intervertebral hernia of the cervical region
In the beginning stages, hernia can occur in the cervical spine.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The shoulder is numb, and the pain spreads to the wrist.
3. Numbness occurs when you squeeze the brush.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. Diagnosis is performed by X-ray, MRI and CT. An X-ray will clearly show a protrusion between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
Only after a complete examination can the doctor say exactly whether it will be effective to treat an intervertebral hernia without surgery or whether it is more appropriate to use a radical method. In advanced cases, surgery is the only way to relieve pain, restore mobility and efficiency.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. Along with drug therapy, the clinic’s specialists prescribe massage and physiotherapy to patients, and make individual complexes of therapeutic gymnastics. In other words, in each case the therapeutic program is developed individually and guarantees positive dynamics.
For details about gryzha poyasnichnogo otdela check the best resource: visit site